“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

- Alice in Wonderland.

We don't need to create a world of our own to find nonsense in our daily lives. It keeps you on your toes and keeps life interesting.

So are you paying attention it? Cause I am.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

iAm Lazy.

Technological advancements are awesome. I love the laptop and the digital camera, and I will admit i favor Macs over PC's. Apple is overly expensive, but I get no viruses and it works for me. But sometimes the company really shocks me on their pointless newer technologies.
Case in the point...the iPad.
Or as I like to call it the iAm Lazy or iHave Money to Blow For No Reason.

Below is a video of the first official opinion on the iPad...



"It's not a piece of hardware...the hardware brings us a whole new thing in life".
Wise from Apple's Co-Founder Steve Wozniak on the iPad/iTablet...whatever you want to call it. I'd really like to know what the new thing in life is, cause as far as I can tell it's giant iTouch or a really flat laptop that I can't really do very much with.

Apparently, according to the above video, the iPad will be "revolutionary to the media". Well that's great, I mean we all love technological advances right?

Like the fact that it could be better than laptop, because you can carry it around. Um...last time I checked I'm perfectly capable of carrying around my laptop (which is a Mac btw).
 But he says basically, it could be used as a giant ipod, but he doubts it'll be used like that. It could be used for directors of movies, but he doesn't see it "having any role in video editing or music production".

Oh, and as revolutionary to the media as it can be, he talks about Ebooks and how it could even be used to upload magazines. Won't that like put a lot of companies that sell magazines, like ya know the old fashioned kind with pages and stuff,  out of like business. I mean yeah great everything I need is in front me of for double the price and if it breaks...well I guess I'm screwed.

And as for the whole Ebook thing, I'm sorry but I like books. They smell like books and I can write on them if it's for school or keep them on my bookcase. No wonder Borders is at the verge of filing for bankruptcy. Maybe I'm just a stickler for not letting technology take over certain aspects of life that make me feel like I'm really lazy.

I'm sure this is something that is talked about on the daily among bloggers and critics, but seriously the point is has our society gotten THAT lazy. I mean we think about the future and the possibility of flying cars and living on the moon, that's all fine and dandy, but does it come at a higher cost in which we lose motivation that comes from studying from an old textbook and buying a CD, not just downloading music, because it's easier. Will we all just give up the stuff that we grew up with, and not realize that future generations will have no idea where all of that techonology started from, because at least the generations that are living now still can appreciate the advances.

What happens when we lose that appreciation?
I'll tell you what, useless technology. Shame on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment